Re: Will we see MariaDB in Jessie?

On 2013-05-06 12:32, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 05/07/2013 01:31 AM, Clint Byrum wrote:
I'd also like to get MySQL back in sync with Ubuntu to reduce waste
between the two distros.
It seems there's more and more a trend of seeing these
differences increasing. :(

This is yet another dig at Ubuntu, something I think is both unfounded and unproductive.

In this particular case, the delta is purely due to lack of time on my part to pull changes that are necessary in Ubuntu into Debian. For instance, changes that allowed Debian to take .upstart files in the debian dir were not yet settled when we diverged. There are just a few minor items, but currently all of my Debian spare time is eaten up shipping security updates.