Re: Developer repositories for Debian

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 09:05:43AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> While I won't question the need to support signed mails or commands files,
> I would like to argue for the support of a web interface as well. The
> sheer number of operations that are possible on such repositories will
> make it difficult to remember the precise syntax of the various
> operations. A web interface is much more discoverable. Furthermore

Hi there, Raphaël, pleasure to speak with you,

So, anyone creating such PPAs will understand how to use such tools as
dput or dcut. Since dcut actually stands for debian command upload tool
(and not some sort of "cutting" from the queue tool), we've added
support for DM permissions in dcut from dput-ng.

Stuff like

  $ dcut dm --uid "Paul Tagliamonte" --allow "glibc"

Isn't so hard to use! (for those who are wondering, it looks up the name
in the maintainer keyring and asks you to confirm the fingerprint )

I plan to add support for PPAs as well.

Since DDs/DMs (unclear as to who can create these) know how to use such
tools, I think it'll be much more secure if we require a GPG signature,
like everywhere else :)

Fondly,
  Paul

--