Re: Interactive package management via aptitude

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 12:29:09PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
[cut]

> I too am a huge aptitude fan. The curses UI is brilliant for working
> out what's up when things are a bit broken. However it doesn't deal
> with multiarch well so I've been stuck with apt-get trying to work out
> fro the tealeaves what's wrong. Is anyone actually working on making
> the aptitude multiarch-friendly, or planning to? Or has at least
> tthought about how hard a problem it is?

My understanding was that aptitude lagged behind in its support for
multiarch, but that it has got much better in recent versions.

See the bugs closed here[1], for example.

[1]
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=both;include=subject%3Amultiarch;dist=unstable;package=aptitude