Re: failure to communicate

On 04/05/2013 07:59 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> The default to base-10 units, is good as majority of the installer
> deals with HDD drives (not SSD) and not RAM.
Come on... it's not! Let's be serious 5 minutes here.
There isn't even a warning about which units are in use.
This fools our users (me included, for many years...).

The freeze of Wheezy might be an argument, but what you
wrote above, really isn't one.

On 04/05/2013 07:59 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> And all of these features will only land for the next cycle
> with a release in ~= 2 years time.
I really hope that it wont be the case. That it doesn't go into
Debian 7.0.0, I would understand, but at least, we need it
for a point release. And at least, we need things written in
the release notes about it, if not a message in the installer
itself (Christian, don't kill me... ;).

Could we stop the winning and have this bug fixed please,
or the patch rejected (with a valid motivation)?

Thomas

P.S: Not only with SSD you have problems with boundaries.