Re: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R

Le 01/04/2013 00:39, Dirk Eddelbuettel a écrit :
> I didn't mean to create extra work.  We had two such transitions for R before
> in the last five years, and they just worked.

No. I suffer from partial upgrade and "solved it" by upgrading all
installed r related packages. The dependency system should have done
it for me, as for perl or python or ...
  I should have opened a bug for this, but I did not take the time
to do it, thinking that this was probably a transitional bug that
would be solved as this is done with all other major interpreters.

  Looking quickly at the description of the problem, I also think
that r-base-core providing a virtual package such as r-abi-3.0
and all modules depending on this virtual package would solve
future such upgrades.
  But you will also need a (long) list of Breaks: in r-base-core 3.0.0
in order to solve the current problem with partial upgrades.
Or you can create a r-base-core-3 (or any other name) package that would
Conflicts *and* Replaces r-base-core in order to be sure to forbid all
previous r modules (even not official ones for examples).

  Regards,
    Vincent

PS: I also think that, in any cases, all of this should have been
delayed or done in experimental.

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87