Re: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R
- To: Debian Developers <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: R 3.0.0 and required rebuilds of all reverse Depends: of R
- From: Jukka Ruohonen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:40:22 +0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20130402064022.GA26379@marx.bitnet>
- Mail-followup-to: Debian Developers <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130331201447.GA20729@spike.0x539.de> <email@example.com>
On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 05:39:05PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> When I said "peripheral" I meant in the sense that none of the Depends are
> used by anything else beyond R. I know it is "not small" -- there are now
> 4400 R packages on CRAN, and we have about 150 of those in Debian.
I think it must be asked: what is the rationale of trying to re-package
those for Debian? CRAN works.