Re: Splitting the devscripts package
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Splitting the devscripts package
- From: Benjamin Drung <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 15:11:45 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1364821905.3258.10.camel@deep-thought>
- In-reply-to: <CANTw=MOakE2ERvcEfWmBJDvuOEm1qymA0HRW_0CeHDa08-fEdw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <1364680158.4710.42.camel@deep-thought> <20130331155647.GS2874@stoneboat.aleph1.co.uk> <CANTw=MOakE2ERvcEfWmBJDvuOEm1qymA0HRW_0CeHDa08-fEdw@mail.gmail.com>
Am Sonntag, den 31.03.2013, 12:12 -0400 schrieb Michael Gilbert:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Wookey wrote:
> > +++ Benjamin Drung [2013-03-30 22:49 +0100]:
> >> Hi,
> >> devscripts ships a bunch of scripts to make the life of a Debian Package
> >> maintainer easier. Not every script in there is Debian packaging
> >> specific. Some of them are used on other non-Debian-based distributions.
> > Whilst considering what scripts are where, there are some scripts in
> > ubuntu-dev-tools which are not ubuntu-specific, and moving those
> > somewhere more general (i.e. into devscripts) would be useful too.
> > (I'm thinking particularly of mk-sbuild, but there are no doubt
> > others).
> reverse-depends is quite useful.
We had a move of not ubuntu-specific script from ubuntu-dev-tools 0.124
to devscripts 2.11.0 two years ago. These scripts were add-patch,
edit-patch, suspicious-source, what-patch, and wrap-and-sort. Maybe it's
time to do it again.
We have Launchpad bug #846420 to move not Ubuntu packaging-specific
scripts out of ubuntu-dev-tools. The list currenlty looks like this:
mk-sbuild (should move into sbuild; Debian bug #613903)
pbuilder-dist (should move into pbuilder)
check-symbols (blocked by LP: #184906)
pull-debian-source (should work without Launchpad)
Is this list sensible? Is there something missing?
Debian & Ubuntu Developer