Re: dak-roulette activated

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 07:15:39PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

> In order to get the release timing for Debian to fit in just one CD
> under such construction, I suggest you take the average size of
> packages and multiply it by the space we need to save. Then we can run
> a contest similar to Christian Perrier's "bug #x00000".

There could be an alternative way to look at the problem: if we shoot at
random in the archive, larger packages should be easier to hit.

dak-roulette should have an option to weight hit probability according
to package size. That'll make it much faster to converge to fit into one
CD again, and provide a good incentive for people to spend time
optimizing their packages to make them appropriately inconspicuous.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>