Re: Splitting the devscripts package

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 10:49:18PM +0100, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> devscripts ships a bunch of scripts to make the life of a Debian Package
> maintainer easier. Not every script in there is Debian packaging
> specific. Some of them are used on other non-Debian-based distributions.
> I was contacted [1] and asked if we could split the Debian packaging
> specific scripts from the rest.

I'd be interested to know why: the list seems pretty small. What problems
have they caused? I'm also interested to know how they ended up there in
the first place!

Whilst devscripts is topical, I'd love a response to #677792, sadly too
late for wheezy now but I'm still interested.

--
Jonathan Dowland