Re: touchscreen support in Debian?

On 29 March 2013 20:03, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased an Acer S7, having both a keyboard and a touch
> screen. It is currently running Windows 8. Any chances of running Debian
> GNU/Linux on that box? I've heard rumours that Ubuntu supports this
> hardware, is that true?

I'm not familiar with that model, but yes it should be possible to run
Debian on that machine and well any other typical machine that has
windows 8.

For ubuntu hardware support you can see this website:
https://friendly.ubuntu.com/ which doesn't seem to have explicit
support listed at the moment.

While there is no fluid keyboard/touch interface combination as one
gets with Window 8 Metro style UI, I would expect both to work in a
dual screen like manner.
You may want to consider a stylus for the touch screen (make sure to
get a capacitive one).

I'd recommend you to take further discussion about prospective
hardware support to our Debian Users Mailing list:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/
As this is not an on-topic discussion for debian-devel.

> Thanks :)

No problem.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.