Re: Gerrit, Git requirements, cooperation with others. was: git dangerous operations on alioth

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 02:52:48PM +0100, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi Daniel et al,
>
> I'm also thinking a lot about how to improve Debian by improving our Git
> tooling. Therefor I'm packaging Gerrit (#589436). But gerrit and its
> dependencies is a big project...
>
> Now that Git slowly becomes the de facto standard VCS for Debian[1]
> (resistance is futile) it might be time to review our setup and think whether
> we could improve our Git infrastructure. Should we start a wiki page to
> collect thoughts?
>
> [1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=751
>
> My thoughts are:
>
> - I'd like to have support for reviews (e.g Gerrit)
> - pull requests (e.g Gerrit)
> - I'd like continuous integration (triggered e.g. by Gerrit[2])

Gerrit's Jenkins integration is awesome. Verifying if a package still
builds and runs its autopkgtests after a commit would be a huge step
forward. Is that what you're after? Do you run a test system somewhere
for that already? Should we start setting something like this up?
Cheers,
 -- Guido