Re: libravatar in the BTS [Re: bugs.debian.org: something's wrong...]

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013, Bart Martens wrote:
> The caching is a good idea, although I don't think it fully solves
> the discussed concerns.

Which concerns discussed doesn't it address?

1. Caching on the BTS side means that no one besides bugs.debian.org
knows which bugs you are viewing.

2. The only other concern is whether the image is appropriate or
somehow exploits bugs in the image renderer, but there are ways of
dealing with that (such as only allowing certain size images, and
converting them in place and allowing for domains to be blacklisted if
necessary.) [Plus, it's not like we don't already allow uploading
fairly arbitrary content to the BTS.]

Don Armstrong

--
What prison taught me was that some people are born into a life where
they're going to be subjected to intense life experiences and personal