Re: libravatar in the BTS [Re: bugs.debian.org: something's wrong...]

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:34:56PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > I too find this totally unacceptable default (to have this enabled
> > by default with just the not even yet implemented option to
> > opt-out).
>
> It has already been implemented. See
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/03/msg00302.html

I don't think that adding avatar=no is what was meant with opt-out, at least
not what I meant with opt-in.  I meant that avatars should not be retrieved for
anyone except for bts users who chose (opt-in) to be on a list maintained on a
debian machine.

> And I will be implementing caching to address the concerns about web
> tracking, and more importantly, the lack of federation. See #703119 et
> al.

The caching is a good idea, although I don't think it fully solves the
discussed concerns.

Anyhow thanks for your excellent work on the bts.  The bts is really important
to Debian, so your contributions are making a big difference for Debian.

Regards,

Bart Martens