Re: Unable to find RC bug targets to squash

Michael Gilbert <mgilbert@debian.org> writes:

>> I wonder in how far I could do my share in the bug count reduction
>> business.  Perhaps in helping finding bugs belonging into such
>> categories to attract the right people to the right bug and help
>> reducing the time for people to detect a reasonable target for
>> squashing?

> There are always security-related bugs:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=security
> http://security-tracker.debian.org

> They may seem intimidating, but they're usually fairly straightforward
> with a little research.

While I certainly don't want to discourage people from working on
security-related bugs, note that security-related bugs don't block the
release (because they can be dealt with via an advisory after the
release).  So if the goal is to get wheezy out faster, helping with
security-related bugs doesn't really do much.