Re: Unable to find RC bug targets to squash

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> when beeing at Debian Med sprint I explicitely recommended the
> participants to also look above our fence for general bugs inside Debian
> because also Debian Med development is somehow stalled in the times of
> freeze.  However, when discussing this I found that other DDs made the
> very same observation I did before:  It is really hard to find a
> reasonable target to squash for some outsider.

Yes.  I've poked at the list a few times and it's actually rather
difficult even to find one that can be squashed by an insider!

There are also a lot of RC bugs that, really, at this point in the
release, are probably not reasonable targets to fix.  For example, I would
question whether #538822 and #540512 against dash are worth asking people
to spend time on right now; those are really the sorts of bugs that should
be worked on near the beginning of an upgrade cycle.  I realize that's
what we said last cycle, but it's still *true* even if it's frustrating
that people haven't had the time at the right point in the cycle.  (Also,
at this point, #538822 is arguably too old to worry too much about fixing;
people who were going to be bitten by that have probably already moved on
with their lives now.)