Re: Re: Default packages flags

I know, debian don't have  to same mechanism as gentoo (debian have
very good packages support and package handling utility), but all
packages have to have some default EXTRA_FLAGS when was compiling as
packages. Because for example mc is compiling as default with vfs
support or with X support .....
And I need to know, if is some web site, where can I found this
informations. For some packages is it sometime important.
If you are talking about the flags that are passed to each package's configure scripts, then... well... it depends on how they're built. If the package is built using dh_auto_configure (i.e. the dh7 short form), the default set of flags passed can be found in /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/autoconf.pm. Whereas, if it's build using CDBS, then the corresponding flags can be found in /usr/share/cdbs/1/class/autotools-vars.mk.However, these are merely standard flags and it's up to each individual package maintainer to add to or override them.

Hope that helps.

 - Fabian