Re: No native packages?

Hi,

On 27.01.2013 19:32, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> There are two native packages I maintain, and I've yet to hear a good
> reason for making either of them non-native.

Not knowing your use cases in particular, it would often be good enough
if we could restrict native packages to use cases, where they actually
were designed for.

We have native packages in Debian where people deliberately use them,
because they are more convenient (i.e. less strict) and easier to use
(no need for orig tarballs). I don't think we should endorse that any
further, so I agree with Jakub in that.

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll