Re: Debian logo svg file is not loadable in Inkscape

Hello Stefano,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 04:53:44PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 04:35:23PM +0100, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> > We may want to make sure that this file loads fine in Free Software
> > graphics svg-based programs and maybe convert it to either a more
> > generic svg file, or at least something free (Inkscape might be a good
> > candidate for this).
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Any thoughts ?
>
> How about "patches welcome"? :) This is not meant to be tongue-in-cheek,
> but a very pragmatic suggestion. I'm no SVG expert either, but AFAICT
> all the "source" info are indeed in that .svg file, it is "just" that
> due to some minor syntactic issues (I speculate: due to the age of the
> .svg in question) it doesn't work properly with current version of
> popular FOSS SVG editors.

Investigating a bit, I found that

http://www.adobe.com/AdobeSVGViewerExtensions/3.0/

gives a 404 in my browser. This url is at line 18 of the file.

Same for

http://www.adobe.com/Extensibility/1.0/

> Let's "just" find SVG experts in our community and ask them to fix the
> source code. Posting a call for help about this on -dekstop might
> actually be a useful way forward.

We certainly need some experts knowing what they do :-)

By the way, is the author of this file known ? Maybe he/she could help?

Cheers,

Filippo

--
Filippo Rusconi, PhD - public crypto key C78F687C @ pgp.mit.edu