Re: new team: pkg-auth on alioth

On 17/01/13 15:08, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> writes:
>
>> Simon and I both have some security/authentication packages in Debian.
>> I've proposed a group on alioth, pkg-auth, which would be an umbrella
>> for packages like this and potentially others
>>
>> The team approach that Debian has been introducing brings a step change
>> in oversight over this crucial code, and it will hopefully make it
>> easier for team members to support each other's packages in particular
>> times of need if there is a common workflow, etc.
>>
>> If other people have packages in this area and would like to get
>> involved, please contact us or use the group joining link on alioth once
>> it becomes active.
>>

> You may be interested to know that we once set up a CAS packaging team :
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianCASPackaging
>
> It is not really active at the moment (and hasn't been for a while),
> although there's nothing in principle that prevents that (but
> availability / interest of the participants).

Here is the link to join:

   http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-auth/

I don't think your packages would be out of place in pkg-auth.  You can
still maintain a standalone wiki page and link to the pkg-auth wiki when
we get it going.

The most important thing that we should probably have in common is the
build/patch/release process for all pkg-auth packages.  This will make
it easier for people to do NMUs, for example, if any particular
maintainer is on vacation.  auth-related packages probably have a higher
profile and higher impact when issues are found, so anything we can do
to give a speedy response is good.

(I have a preference for using git and potentially git-buildpackage as
the way forward)