Re: problematic shlibs entry in substvars file

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@gmail.com> wrote:
> [Whoops, forgot to send on list]
>
> On 15/01/2013 15:48, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> To create the shlibs dependency, I think dpkg-shlibdeps is reading
>> files in /var/lib/dpkg/info. I can't find any "2.7" associated with
>> libc6-amd in there.
>>
>> And, if libc6-amd is really the i386 version of the C library supplied
>> on mutiarch systems, I don't really understand why the package is
>> trying to depend on it at all.
>
> I believe that dpkg-shlibdeps checks in these places:
>  - /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs
>  - /etc/dpkg/shlibs.{default,override}
>
> Could you grep libc6-amd64 in these places? That should provide a hint as to
> where this dependency is coming from.

Thanks for the advice. I don't see anything in there.

pauljohn@pjlap-124:dpkg$ pwd
/etc/dpkg
pauljohn@pjlap-124:dpkg$ grep -r libc *
pauljohn@pjlap-124:dpkg$

Those files are empty

pauljohn@pjlap-124:dpkg$ cat shlibs.default
# dpkg shlibs defaults file
#
# This file contains shlibs entries that are used as a last resort when
# no matching entries are found elsewhere.  For more information see the
# dpkg-shlibdeps(1) manual page.
#
# <library name>        <version/soname>        <dependencies>
pauljohn@pjlap-124:dpkg$ cat shlibs.override
# dpkg shlibs override file
#
# Entries in this file will override all others, only use if you
# are really sure that is what you want!
#

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science      Assoc. Director