Re: problematic shlibs entry in substvars file

[Whoops, forgot to send on list]

On 15/01/2013 15:48, Paul Johnson wrote:
> To create the shlibs dependency, I think dpkg-shlibdeps is reading
> files in /var/lib/dpkg/info. I can't find any "2.7" associated with
> libc6-amd in there.
>
> And, if libc6-amd is really the i386 version of the C library supplied
> on mutiarch systems, I don't really understand why the package is
> trying to depend on it at all.

I believe that dpkg-shlibdeps checks in these places:
 - /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs
 - /etc/dpkg/shlibs.{default,override}

Could you grep libc6-amd64 in these places? That should provide a hint as to
where this dependency is coming from.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin