Re: [RFC] Go (golang) packaging

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> With Built-Using, we get a way to rebuild packages that embed parts of
> other packages:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-built-using
>
> Not sure if the buildd stuff will automatically schedule rebuilds or
> if we will notice due to britney knowing about b-u and blocking
> testing migrations, anyone got more details about b-u?

Built-Using only instructs dak to keep additional source packages in the
archive.  This is done to comply with licenses that require the full
source to be available and with the DFSG requirement to provide source
when, for example, linking static libraries, using *-source packages
(e.g. gcc-avr uses the source from gcc-*-source) or embedding binaries
from other packages (e.g. debian-installer).

Nothing else uses it so far, but using it to make sure the references
source packages are not too outdated seems useful. Otherwise any upload
in stable might introduce significant changes (for example gcc-avr might
use a new upstream release of gcc-*-source).

Ansgar