Re: [RFC] Go (golang) packaging

Hi Bernhard,

"Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> writes:
> Please also consider "codesearch-golang". Especially with longer package
> names not everything can show the full name so the beginning should be
> the more important information.
Given that we already have python-* and ruby-*, I’d find golang-* more
consistent. Which specific tools/places do you have in mind that have to
truncate package names?

>> (and of course just “codesearch” for the binaries).
>
> I assume s/binaries/sources/? And I'd suggest to just not policy the
No, I really meant binaries, as in “cgrep”, “cindex” and “csearch” in
this specific case.

> Another question: Have you considered asking for a archive Section for
> those packages? I guess with no special section yet all those packages
> would be section libdevel as they are for static linking only, wouldn't
> they?
As pabs has pointed out, I did that, but the general rule of thumb is
that we want to have lots of packages first and an archive section
second.

--
Best regards,
Michael