Re: [RFC] Go (golang) packaging

Hi Dmitrijs,

Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org> writes:
> What about multiarch?
I tried to address this on the wiki page, see
http://wiki.debian.org/MichaelStapelberg/GoPackaging#Multi-Arch.2Fcross-compiling

Essentially, I currently believe that multi-arch does not make sense for
go, since we are only dealing with static binaries. E.g. to run an i386
program, you don’t need any additional libraries:

$ file helloworld
helloworld: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped
$ uname -a
Linux midna 3.5.0 #1 SMP Sun Jul 22 11:15:13 CEST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ ./helloworld
hello

> /usr/lib/gocode/ for sources
> /usr/lib/$triplet/gocode/ for compiled versions
Go’s directory layout already includes the architecture, see
http://wiki.debian.org/MichaelStapelberg/GoPackaging#Resulting_package_file_lists

I have a feeling that you have not actually read the wiki page :-).

--
Best regards,
Michael