Re: Minified javascript files

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi, 17 août 2012 14.03:38, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
>> Maybe we should fix DFSG #2 to say “The program must include source code
>> for all the files that gets installed in the Debian binary packages [...]“.
>
> With this modification, upstream might then include (distributable) win32
> executables (or whatever else) in their upstream tarballs and have them
> distributed by the Debian mirrors network without us taking a close look at
> them?

The modification to DFSG #2 that Raphaël proposes is indeed not good
but I'd say this one would clear the issues:

"The program ust include source code for all the files that are used
in building the Debian binary packages"

Which means:
- If upstream is including jquery.min.js but I'm not using it because
I'm using libjs-jquery, I don't need to repack the source tarball
- If upstream is including a a Win32 DLL but I'm not using it for
anything, I don't need to repack the source tarball
etc

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org