Re: Minified javascript files

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:

> 3) Make a new source package containing every jQuery version existing in the
> wild, then build depend on that.

FTP Masters do not like that solution.

Vincent's question was due to FTP masters complaining about the
package 'witty', which I maintain and he sponsors.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/w/witty.html

Witty does build-depend on libjs-jquery (it has for a long time, way
before FTP masters expressed any concern), then minifies it, and
symlinks it. But FTP Masters say the jquery.min.js must be removed
from witty.orig.tar.gz because the non-minified version is not
included.

Given that I'm not using upstream's jquery.min.js at all, I wonder why
I should repackage the source package.

How is an unused jquery.min.js in the original tarball different from
any other unused file (a picture, a README, or anything?) The users is
not expected to modify jquery.min.js ever, if he wants to rebuild the
binaries for witty, he is expected to modify libjs-jquery.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org