Re: Minified javascript files

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Given that I'm not using upstream's jquery.min.js at all, I wonder why
> I should repackage the source package.

I agree with you that it's useless work. But the ftpmasters believe that
Debian is made of source and binary packages and that the content of the
source package should respect DFSG #2 “The program must include source
code[...]”.

Maybe we should fix DFSG #2 to say “The program must include source code
for all the files that gets installed in the Debian binary packages [...]“.

That way, there's no need to strip unused RFC, minified javascript, Flash files,
PDF without sources, etc. All this has been useless bureaucracy which has
drawn people away.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/