Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 10:22:03AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

Hi,

> > I haven't followed if they're actually doing any work.
>
> I've been on the mailing list, and so far it's mostly been crickets.  The
> person who was driving the effort has been busy with other LSB work.

Well there was a healthy discussion before the break in at kernel.org and
the Linux Foundation.
Then it took some time to get all services back up for the linux foundation
which kind of killed the drive to get something done on the FHS front for
most people.

We should really try to continue the FHS discussion on the FHS list as
Steve already pointed out. I guess someone has just to start it again but
currently everyone, including myself, fails to get up to do that.

As far as I know the bugtracker is also backup, so one could start
with reviewing the bugs and posting an overview of the pending issue.

The sad thing is that currently the Fedora people are the only ones moving
forward for good or worse. We've already seen this in the systemd discussion
about 'kind of configuration' files outside of /etc.

Sven
--
We are what you say
We are not what you think