Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 09:02:13AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:

>> Isn't there something called FHS and which would be the thing to change
>> first? Or aren't we sticking to the FHS anyway or just don't care?

> If we keep /sbin as a symlink to /bin, and similarly for the other sbin
> directories, we're still compatible with the FHS.

Also, FHS development seems to be effectively dead.  We're already
carrying a fairly large collection of exceptions.  One more wouldn't make
a tremendous difference as long as there's no major user behavior change,
and the symlinks would take care of that.