Re: The future of non-dependency-based boot

On 10/04/12 10:53, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I wholeheartedly agree.
> I also agree that wheezy would be the correct moment to do it, and
> that we shouldn't wait until wheezy+1.

I was hesitant to suggest that investing energy into improving the
current init system, if it is likely to be wholesale replaced, might
not be worthwhile (when that same energy could be put into hastening
the inevitable).  However the release time frame issue is key here.
sysvinit is not going away for wheezy; but this improvement might be
possible.

--
Jon Dowland