Re: The future of non-dependency-based boot

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> I was hesitant to suggest that investing energy into improving the
> current init system, if it is likely to be wholesale replaced, might
> not be worthwhile (when that same energy could be put into hastening
> the inevitable).

Yes, it's a pity to invest more energy into additional work for a
system that people hope to get rid of, but that argument also applies
to time spent on the the sysadmin side.  If we just think it's not
worth fixing this cleanly, we perhaps shouldn't force sysadmins to
tidy up their local scripts for it now, but just leave things until
they need to modify their local setups more fundamentally for a
replacement system.

--
Moray