Re: Breaking programs because a not yet implemented solution exists in theory

On 02.02.2012 21:58, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Anyway, I think this discussion is painful and not likely to change
> anyone's mind, whereas the necessary glue between desktop files and
> mime-support looks like a couple of days of work.  I'm currently playing
> with the idea of writing a spec and posting it to Planet Debian asking
> someone with the skill and some free time to implement it.

That would be very much appreciated.
And btw, thanks a lot for staying technical in this whole discussion!

I've reassigned #658139 to general.

I guess it would make sense to discuss further technical details there
or at least keep it updated with the outcome of your blog posting?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?