Re: RFA: jabberd2 -- Jabber instant messenger server

On Ma, 18 dec 12, 09:20:25, Willem van den Akker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am willing to maintain the packages jabberd2 and udns.
> I have already uploaded new versions of both packages to
> mentors.debian.org.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/udns
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/jabberd2

If your intent was to contact the current Maintainer you should CC them
explicitly. RFA bugs are filled against wnpp and there is no way to tell
if the Maintainer is subscribed to the bug.

If your intent was to look for sponsors there is a special procedure for
that, but you should still CC the original Maintainer, as they might
want to sponsor you.

In the particular case of jabberd2 you should most definitely contact
the Maintainer first, because:
- it is a Team (they will probably welcome your help)
- they are not the original Maintainer who filed the RFA (they may have
  forgotten to close the bug)

Regarding udns, the package doesn't appear to be orphaned (no O: bug
against wnpp). In this case uploading a new package might be considered
a hijack. If you want to help you should definitely contact the
Maintainer first.

Kind regards,
Andrei
P.S. This is probably off-topic for debian-devel, you might want to
follow-up on debian-qa
P.P.S. I am not a Debian Developer