Re: the right bug severity in case of data corruption

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 16:06 -0500, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> Darren Salt <listspam@moreofthesa.me.uk> writes:
> > (Oops. Failed first time.)
> >
> > Having just viewed the raw text of my message (as sent), there's one other
> > little wrinkle which I already knew but had failed to consider and which
> > makes testing of this useless: gpg handles any 'From ' lines itself in a
> > reversible manner, using '- ' as the prefix.
> >
> > The following SHOULD be 0, 1, and 2 levels of quoting, first to last.
> >
> >>From blahhityblah Fri Jul  8 12:08:34 2011
> >>From foobarbaz Fri Jul  8 12:08:34 2011
>
> This is looking different here,

Me too

> but I am not using any mbox* at all...

Me neither, AFAIK. I'm using Exim, with procmail delivering into Maildir
and Courier imap to read it.

The MISCELLANEOUS section of procmail(1) makes me wonder if this might
be procmail's doing. At the very least the conditions where it will do
From encoding are too complex for me to grok at this time of day ;-)

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

QOTD:
	"I've always wanted to work in the Federal Mint.  And then go on
	strike.  To make less money."