Re: "Do not CC me"

On 26/11/2012 05:49, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 07:35:32AM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012, 07:27:31 LHST, Игорь Пашев <pashev.igor@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there!
>>>
>>> I see many note in this list like:
>>> "I'm registered to the list. So please *do not* Cc: me."
>>>
>>> So I'd like to note:
>>>
>>> 1. Some e-mail cleints make it hard not to CC. For example GMail has only
>>> two options: reply and reply to all. "Reply" will send email to the
>>> author, not to the list
>>
>> then people using those mail clients will need to take extra care to remove CCs, just as i had to in replying now.
>
> It's annoying and it wastes my time. If your MUA can't handle a CC, get
> a better MUA. +1 to removing the CC rule.

For the record, I read debian-devel (and a bunch of other Debian lists) via
news.gmane.org, which means that mails from these lists don't enter my email. If
you CC me in replies, they do end up in my email, which means I now have to take
care of stuffing them somewhere or deleting them.

Please let's just leave it as it is and not CC people. Most proper MUA's have a
"Reply to mailing list" option, which you should be using, instead of "Reply
All". And if your MUA doesn't have such an option, it isn't a proper MUA, so use
something else or manually remove the CC. This is just about as irritating as
people using broken MUAs that break threads.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin