Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 08:35:22AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Sorry, but I wouldn't touch code with a ten-feet pole who from someone
> is so naive claiming that he knows more about writing an open source
> BIOS than the people at Coreboot who have been doing that since
> 1999. I started right out laughing when he claiming Coreboot is a
> Linux distribution and starting a x86 computer just involves setting
> up a few interrupt vectors.
>
> I know several people in the Coreboot project personal and the
> claims that Richard makes in [2] are just ridiculous and show the same
> attitude he has towards working on udev.
>
> Even Greg is ridiculing their work [3]. And he should know, he came up
> with udev in the first place and he is even a Gentoo developer. Don't
> you think he understands you a little more than anyone else, so he can
> assess when people do the right things with the code or not?

And if that's not already enough, they even started removing copyright
information from the udev files headers [1] which I find rude and
disrespectful. They claim that they can do that because it's free
software, after all. Again, it just shows they have no idea what
they're talking about.

Going with this philosophy, their code wouldn't probably even meet the
Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG). Removing copyright information
of other people's work is a no no.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz