Re: Gentoo guys starting a fork of udev

Also, the people who write udev and systemd really know what they are
doing, and especially systemd is documented perfectly well - everyone
who does not feel comfortable with systemd should read at least the
basic docs. (and then think again, and then probably dislike it on a
basis of facts)
Also, systemd hasn't anything to do with udev, there is no systemd
dependency in udev.
If you have some time for entertainment, you might want to read this
thread on G+:
https://plus.google.com/111049168280159033135/posts/R387kQb1zxc
(GKH, Lennart, Kay and several others falsify every reason for a full
udev fork (vs. just maintaining a small patch))
Cheers,
    Matthias