Re: Bits from the release team - Freeze update

Am Freitag, den 09.11.2012, 10:12 +0000 schrieb Neil McGovern:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 06:54:23AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Quoting Benjamin Drung (bdrung@debian.org):

> > > The requested updates (for vlc and devscripts) fix bugs, but not release
> > > critical bugs. I am unsure whether these updates get unblocked even
> > > after the reduced acceptance criteria.
> >

> > Well, I bet that our estimated colleagues in the Release Team are not
> > robots, so discussing with them might be possible..:-)
> >

> Additionally, the mails didn't make it to the list due to the size of
> the attached diff. You may want to consider that an indication of our
> willingness to review the provided diff.

The version in testing has a known security vulnerability, which was
fixed by upstream in their newer upstream release. I sent a more
stripped debdiff to make the review easier. Removing Windows/MacOS
changes and auto-generated autotools file changes reduces the diff size
by factor 2.4.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer