RFC on MBF (non-freeness of "The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil")

Hi,

Ansgar has recently made an MBF against all packages including the
problematic JSON license term "The Software shall be used for Good, not
Evil". From what I've seen, most - if not all - of the affected packages
are using in-source libraries copyright JSON.org, which AFAIK means
convincing a single author to relicense would be enough (though IANAL,
of course).

Thomas Koch tried solving this issue more than two years ago[0] and
upstream was apparently unwilling. Should we maybe try again? As Ansgar
mentioned in one bugreport, the license is considered non-free not only
by us, but by Fedora as well[1] (and it's also notOSI-recognized), so
I'm hoping we might have some leverageif we try again with enough
finesse and persuasion.

This affects a lot of packages and at least in my case (transmission)
itseems impracticable to replace the library for wheezy and it's
unfortunately too deeply wound with transmission itself to be simply
removed. So I'll probably be forced to move the package to non-free,
which would really be a shame (specially considering its big popcon).

Anyone interested in giving this another try? DPL, you're pretty
eloquent and your voice may carry some extra weight? ;)

Cheers

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2010/03/msg00064.html
[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Bad_Licenses