Re: Mandatory -dbg packages

    Hello!

Stefano Rivera has written on Monday, 29 October, at 16:57:
>Hi Tzafrir (2012.10.29_16:29:06_+0200)
>> While clearing your throat, mind telling us how this works in Ubuntu
>> with PPAs? What happens if you installed a package from a PPA and you
>> want to generate a backtrace of a program that happens to use that
>> package?

>> 1. You'll get debug information for the package.
>> 2. You won't get debug information for the package.
>> 3. You may accidentally get debug information for a diffent version of
>>    the package.

>2. It'll tell you that there aren't any debug symbols available. (IIRC)

>The -dbgsym packages are only generated in primary archive builds.

    I'm sorry to disappoint you about the Ubuntu PPAs but look into my
PPA - https://launchpad.net/~andrej-rep/+archive/ppa/+packages - to see
all those dbg packages. And users were used them to give me feedback to
bugs with full backtrace.

    Cheers!
    Andriy.