Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages - goal

On 10/26/2012 05:07 PM, Bart Martens wrote:
People interested in salvaging an unmaintained package are discouraged by the
current procedures.  The new procedure is meant to add a lightweight procedure
to mark unmaintained packages as orphaned, so that anyone interested can adopt
them without needless delay.  Basically the goal is to increase speed in
getting packages salvaged.

Thanks, this is much more clear now.

After more thoughts, I probably agree such a proposal.

Probably, Steve Langasek is right in that it shouldn't be such a big deal
to find few DDs to vote for the salvaging...

And if I understand well, this procedure is *on top* of what we have
currently for orphaning anyway (eg: QA team orphaning MIA maintainers,
and the tech. commity), right?

Thomas