Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

On 10/26/2012 01:09 PM, Bart Martens wrote:
I expect the cc to debian-qa to draw sufficient DD's attention. And the ACKs are about agreeing on marking a package as orphaned. That's the easy part. The salvaging part goes via the existing ITA procedure. That's the hard part. Regards, Bart Martens

Could anyone explain what broken thing we are trying to fix?

- Is the current process of orphaning broken? (if so: why?)
- Is there too many hijacks?
- Not enough salvage?

And more importantly:
- What do you expect the new procedure will do? What's the goal?

I have re-read Lucas Nussbaum original post, and I didn't find
any information about the above.

Thomas