Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages - skipping pointless delay

Bart Martens writes ("Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages - skipping pointless delay"):
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 02:50:46PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >   3. Wait for objections
>
> For how long ? The proposal includes collecting ACKs so that any pointless
> delay can be skipped, resulting in the package being salvaged sooner.

I was thinking some weeks.

I do think this delay is essential, not pointless.  It is there to
allow a maintainer who wishes to resist the orphaning to do so.

Ian.