Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 03:00:11PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Andreas Tille writes ("Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages"):
> > On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:10:09AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > However, so far, it seems that the discussion is split between people
> > > that think "it would work", and people that think "it would not work".
> > > Maybe we could try for a few months, and if it does not work, fix it?
> >
> > +1
>
> I don't think this is a good idea because it may actually restrict
> rather than empower. ...

My "+1" was for "try for a few months".  We currently have a set of
theories about different options and we should start some experiment
whether one of it is right or will be proven wrong.  I do not think that
we can find out by pure discussion of those different options.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de