Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 08:38:19AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 09:46:08PM +0000, Clint Adams a écrit :
> > On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:48:12AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Silence is not assent.  That thread blew up because you proposed a *broken*

> > No, silence is an indication that you don't deserve any decision-making
> > power.

> while in general one can not make interpretation for silence, in this
> particular case, I think that the absence of any reaction to the
> proposition to orphan a package is actualy a clear demonstration that the
> package is orphan.

No.  We're talking here about silence *from the entire Debian developer
community* in response to a call for orphaning.  That says nothing about
whether the package is orphaned.  It may just mean you've managed to send
your request to the wrong place (or gotten it stuck in a mail queue
somewhere).