Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 17:43 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Making opensource more open for proprietary stuff is sometimes simply
> > necessary... but this may ultimately also become a big threat for the
> > free software world, namely then when that non-free stuff plays such an
> > important role that we couldn't get rid of it anymore.
> Ah, well, I think you misunderstood me here. What I meant is that ubuntu
> is gaining ground on things like Windows and MacOS. I didn't mean to
> refer to non-free software packaged with ubuntu, nor to non-free
> producers who support ubuntu.
Ah I see.

Well but ultimately that could mean harm to Debian, too.

I guess most of us (as Debian and thus Linux or kFreeBSD users) think
that those OSes are better than Windows/Apple.
So if there's a distro that is very close to them... but still Linux
like... it will draw considerable attraction... on things (users,
developers, support) that will indirectly miss at other places (e.g.