Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 17:43 +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Making opensource more open for proprietary stuff is sometimes simply
> > necessary... but this may ultimately also become a big threat for the
> > free software world, namely then when that non-free stuff plays such an
> > important role that we couldn't get rid of it anymore.
> Ah, well, I think you misunderstood me here. What I meant is that ubuntu
> is gaining ground on things like Windows and MacOS. I didn't mean to
> refer to non-free software packaged with ubuntu, nor to non-free
> producers who support ubuntu.
Ah I see.

Well but ultimately that could mean harm to Debian, too.

I guess most of us (as Debian and thus Linux or kFreeBSD users) think
that those OSes are better than Windows/Apple.
So if there's a distro that is very close to them... but still Linux
like... it will draw considerable attraction... on things (users,
developers, support) that will indirectly miss at other places (e.g.
Debian)...

Cheers,
Chris.