Re: (seemingly) declinging bug report numbers

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:53:01 +0000 (UTC), Sune Vuorela
<nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
>On 2012-10-17, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
>> Even some bugs _with_ patches are treated the same way or kept open and
>> never acted on. Shouldn't the number of open bugs be decreasing with
>> time, not being constant or increasing as is the case for some packages?
>
>in many cases, the amount of open bug reports is more a function of
>number of users of a given package, rather than a function of the age of
>the package.

And a function of the size of the package. Many packages are a
nightmare to maintain just because of sheer size, but I still feel
that Debian SHOULD[1] take care of Upstream Bugs as well and not
require people to report upstream bugs directly to upstream.

>> Might be so, what to do about it? Maybe more team-maintained packages.
>> And better procedures for package salvaging, as the current discussion
>> thread on salvaging packages shows.
>
>Neither of those gets *more people* in the teams of core packages.

Ack.

> - who would like a couple of DDs and a dozen of bug workers for pkg-kde

Amen.

Greetings
Marc

[1] in the sense of RFC 2119.