Re: possible mass bug filing for packages shipping stuff in /var/run, /var/lock, /run?

On 10/06/2012 03:16 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
On 10/06/2012 05:46 AM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
Anyone who wants to take this easy job? Since I don't have to analyze piuparts logs for getting the data ... Andreas
Hi,

I'll try to send bugs *with patches* over this week end.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

This is done. For each package in the lists I sent a bug report
with a proposed debdiff. Since the var/run folder is to be used
at runtime, I couldn't always tell where to add the relevant
mkdir calls, but that was pretty rare. In most cases, adding it
into debian/<package>.init was enough, and often, then mkdir
was there already (even with the package shipping the folder).
Also, some package were using dpkg-statoverride. I believe it
doesn't make sense for something in /var/run.

After doing this work, I also believe that ftp-master should
reject any package shipping a folder /var/run/<package>.
On the 28 packages which I wrote a patch for, none seemed to
have valid reasons to ship that folder. Even those who were
having a lintian override file. So at least blocking if there's
no override seem to me the correct thing to do.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)