possible mass bug filing for packages shipping stuff in /var/run, /var/lock, /run?

Hi,

I haven't made a detailed analysis, yet, and cannot say how many
packages would be affected. Right now I have about 100 candidate
piuparts logs that should cover /var/run and /var/lock, but I haven't
sorted them in "buggy", "depends on buggy", "other problem". I expect
the buggy category to be around a dozen.

Would it be appropriate to file RC bugs against all the packages
shipping anything in /var/run, /var/lock or /run?

Policy 9.1.4 says:
    [...] Packages must not include files or directories under /run, or
          under the older /var/run and /var/lock paths. [...]
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-fhs-run

The fixes should be trivial (don't ship the dir, create it in the
initscript) and the packages taht currently don't create the directory
in the initscript are RC buggy already because they would stop working
after a reboot.

Andreas