Re: possible mass bug filing for packages shipping stuff in /var/run, /var/lock, /run?

* Andreas Beckmann <debian@abeckmann.de>, 2012-10-05, 23:16:
I haven't made a detailed analysis, yet, and cannot say how many packages would be affected. Right now I have about 100 candidate piuparts logs that should cover /var/run and /var/lock, but I haven't sorted them in "buggy", "depends on buggy", "other problem". I expect the buggy category to be around a dozen.

Lintian should be able to spot all the buggy ones, shouldn't it?

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/dir-or-file-in-run.html
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/dir-or-file-in-var-run.html
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/dir-or-file-in-var-lock.html

Would it be appropriate to file RC bugs against all the packages shipping anything in /var/run, /var/lock or /run?

IMO, yes.

--
Jakub Wilk